What's Going On
Upper Chelsea -
- David Raleigh premieres his new video, I DO at the Hotel Indigo this evening (7-9pm). Directed by Alan Cumming and shot by Ned Streusen-Reuter, the song (and video) promote...surprise!...marriage equality! Brava!
- DJs Kim Anne (Hercules & Love Affair), Kingdom (a/k/a Ezra) and Saheer Umar (House of House) spin a "sexy, furry animal" dress-up party presented by Club Tropicana by Sylvia Prada and Opening Ceremony. PARTY ZOO...Indulge your inner furry. mr. Black (199 Bowery)
- Club Paddles (or Petals, depending on who's saying it.) hosts BOOTY CALL with pornformers Mike Dreyden and Max Sinclair. Two thoughts relating to this pornformance I leave you with: the word re-creation comes to mind (as in CSI and "recreating the events of last evening) and, I'm not sure this will be a Booty CALL, so much as a Booty TAP as someone will definitely be making a plant. No need to worry about the place (or you) being bugged, however...Dr. Demetre will be on hand providing free testing for HIV and STDs!
- Further west, Big Apple Dodgeball (BAD) hosts BAD! MASKED HALLOWEEN PARTY at their longtime sponsor, The Eagle. Masks provided if you can't find your usual facial attire.
East Village -
- Tonight, Mr. Sparber's GOOD TIMES (that's a link to Josh's blog where you'll find pretty pictures, lovely melodies and deets of his gigs - including Saturday night at Planet Zizmor!!) goes goth/glam/ghoul with Guest DJ Michael T. Bauhaus and Banshees abound!
What's Going On
Stuff. Pre-Halloween Stuff.
What I'm About
Greenwich Village -
- DJ Nita gets IN! on the best sound system in New York at Love for Under Ground Sessions' NIGHTMARE ON MACDOUGAL STREET. Ryan McNight shares the turntables and Roze and co. host! ENNM!
- Sean B. and guest DJ Mr. Magnan bring you OOPS! at The Hose. Performance by Street Hero!
- B. Raff and guest host Jaymz Crow, DJs Mr. Dowling and Telfar take your order at McBLACK'S. Miss Honey Dijon goes great with greens OR chicken. You can pick her up late night. All-in-all: Drive-thru Realness!!
East Village -
- Mr. Dailey and Mr. Tan kick 2009's scary weekend off with a happy-hour shindig called LOOSEY GOOSEY. The mere mention of the name alone will scare the bejesus out of bottoms everywhere! Complimentary "scary" masks and cheap drinks = even greater odds your nightmares of looseness will come true!
- DJ Adam teams with Ajoshua of Van Dam for DAY OF THE DEAD DANCE PARTY at Elote Restaurant & Garden. Things actually kick off at 8pm with Mexican Bingo and (I'm assuming) mexican radio. 2-4-1 margaritas 10-11pm!
- I may not have told you this, but when I visited Haiti a few years ago I learned that zombies really exist (a la "The Serpent and the Rainbow") and are "created" by witch doctors who administer drugs to their victims that induce a coma-like state - easily mistaken for death - who are then buried alive, only to awaken three or so days later and are deemed "resurrected". Brain damage caused by the lack of adequate oxygen to the brain while in the coma state and while buried produces the typical zombie-like characteristics of these individuals, post-resurrection, but the one of primary importance to the witch doctor - aside from the main purpose of the exercise which was to exert revenge and display his or her power - was the extreme susceptibility of the subject to suggestion. Tonight's FRISKYDISCO is dubbed "The Zombie Edition" and Mr. E. Cote is playing witch doctor to create a context wherein suggestion has UNUSUAL power! Smoldering door-boy Little Horse and the bared bodily gyrations of zombie go-gos Matt Camp and Richert play a part in helping you suggest the object of your attraction get jiggy with you...and it working!
- Sam Spaeth is running the Marathon with Luigi (See Sunday) but he's making his run to raise awareness of the Brooklyn Pride Center and will be the beneficiary of a fundraiser tonight at Ginger's to SUPPORT SAM'S RUN.
- Deputy Jeff (Ralston) is on the bill tonight for Really!'s DRESSED TO KILL Halloween Bash at Tandem Bar (236 Troutman). Free!
- Gym Bar jumps into the Halloween fray with a Locker Room (downstairs) set costume party reminscent of a gay "Carrie" (but you can still be Sissy! There's no shame!!) with bukkake as the media of shame in the climactic (literally) scene rather than pig's blood (oh the mind reels with the innuendo-ic [is that a word?] possibilities!). Regardless of what shower heads sticking from the wall calls to YOUR mind (Hey, Peter!) - whether a turn-on or a fright - I recommend drinking the kool-aid... VARSITY - Friday Night Frights.
- DJs Sammy Jo, Nita and Japanster drag you into the future to MR. BLACK 2033
Far West 40's -
- Join Spank DJ's Will and Sean B. and hosts B. Raff, Desi Monster and Ryan Smith at Josh Woods Productions' and Out Magazine's HORROR BOWL at Lucky Strike Lanes. No Cover or charge to bowl!
- True to form, SNAXX provides peanuts, popcorn and other "treats" to tricks at tonight's party. DJs Rich and Gustavo judge "Best Costume" and award a prize before marshalling the Grand March at midnight. Bears in their best! What more could you ask for in a Halloween parade?
- Not sure the backstory, but apparently 105 Riv is closing after this weekend. Join hoztezz Liza Montoya and DJ Steve Travolta for this last installment of SHARKO JONES at the location. Costumes not required, but LOOKS appreciated!
Ok...Ready? We're gonna pump through these...
- This THE LAST MASQUERADE thing is huge (three seperate and giant venues!) and has an equally expansive website (www.thelastmasquerade.com) so hit it up for the full details of this massive event. "Last Costume Competition" with a year's worth of liquor from 3rd Ward as a grand prize; Sam Sparro and Golden in their first Brooklyn appearance; and Justin Carter and Eamon Harkin spinning are just a few examples of what's happening...
- DJs Mike Grimes and Reed McGowan spin The EAGLE HALLOWEEN.
- Dina Marie and Mr. Nardicio have recruited a crew of crazies for their two-floor blowout DEMENTED CIRCUS at Lucky Cheng's. Psycho-Cirque!
- A whole other kind of demented is on display at DJs Jeff Jackson and Disco Connie's DEATH DISCO over at Nowhere. I can't stay away from these homotronic imps so you may catch my cameo! Ho! Photo booth!
- The FIXED Halloween Bash at Santos Party House stars Boys Noize.
- DJ Kingdom reps Fool's Gold in a Halloween head-to-head with Trouble & Bass presented by Good Peoples at EUROPA
- Ladyfag and Mr. Magnan make you GAG! (if you can) at Metropolitan. $200 Cash for best costume!
- Khary and Ray give HALLOWEEN HYSTERIA at Krav Space...likely over all the smooth beefwich attending their party!
- Bridget Everett hosts the Phoenix' HALLOWEENIX!! for all you scary drunk people. DJ Merkin Muffley. Costume Contest! Midnight!
- DJ Gant Johnson spins a MONSTER MASH-UP featuring a live performance by Josie & The Pussycats (Nana!)!
- Meanred (they're all over tonight!!) and Flavorpill team up for Halloween 2009: GODS AND HEROES with a shitload of DJ and musical talent. Buy tickets and the location will be revealed day of the party online.
- Back at 105 Riv on its final weekend, Mr. Estilo-Jones and Metta Jones present MASQUERADE with sounds by Neil Aline and Benjamin Deffe.
West Village -
- Mr. Fiore presents DANCE 208: HALLOWEEN EXTRAVAGANZA with Snaxx DJs Rich King and Gustavo. Early and old-school party. Fun! At the LGBT Center!
- DJs Zoltar (a/k/a Alon), Josh Sparber and DJ Will Automagic wield auditory diplomacy for the sake of the globe against potentially hostile (but most likely hip) alien arrivals at PLANET ZIZMOR: Invasion! Yours truly and the rest of the House of Zizmor host. Xander scans entrants at the door. Close encounters of all kinds (perhaps even between races!? Look out Lousiana! It's your worse nightmare!) promised.
What's Going On
- Luigi Mazzel teamed with TEAM IN TRAINING to raise $3800 to cure blood related cancers by running the New York Marathon. He's done it and the race is today! Congrats and good luck, Luigi!
- Similarly, Mr. Schiesser is running and raising funds...only with him it's for homeless shelter Harlem United which provides shelter for those living with HIV. Unlike Luigi, he hasn't quite reached his fundraising goal, so get in there and help him meet it!
- Mr. Wood's 747 really took off last Sunday at Kiss n' Fly (formerly Aer which was formerly The Lure) with Junior spinning. Tonight, the lovely Lina takes the decks while hosts/in-flight attendants Malik So Chic, Ladyfag, Mr. Tratner and Michael Hoeltz point out emergency lighting strips and give runway.
- Mr. Dandridge is back with a Halloween edition of BEETLEJUICE: All Soul's Day Spectacular! (how appropriate?) Tim Burton MoMA retrospective tie-in. Get in!
ONGOING... DUMBO -
- UNSEEN with photography by Eric McNatt and Richard Renaldi runs through November 21st at Randall Scott Gallery.
- System:System includes artwork by Mr. Brauer and runs through Nov. 1st at St. Cecilia's Convent.