FRIDAY (now)....
What's Going On
Lower East Side -
- All I'm hearing these days is how Portland is so amazing. Portland natives SISSYBOY provide (maybe?) a peek at what Portland is all about in their performances at Dixon Place (tonight and Saturday night). Apparently, Portland's incredibly vulgar?? See for yourself. The Pixie Harlots and other New York luminaries help.
- DJ Nita's was last week...Now it's Mr. Johnson's birth...week? -month? Something. Anyway, tonight he's celebrating with two different gigs where he's teaming up with visiting San Franciscan legend Juanita More, who's ALSO celebrating her birthday! HAPPY BIRTHDAY GANT & JUANITA!. Second party is thrown with the SPANK boys, FYI.
- Pack your fanny in some tight spannie (Oof. I know. Best I could come up with.) one more time before the season ends. Daniel Nardicio's BACK TO SCHOOL Underwear Party with Mr. Sparber on decks. Don't fret if you're not on the island, however. Mr. Cote has your opportunity for skimpy on Sunday at The Hose (see below).
- Sammy Jo is back! at GARY 49 at mr. Black (New Location is 35 West 21st between Broadway and Park Avenue South. Don't forget!)
DUMBO -
- Friday is Mr. Sosa's birthday, as well, and he's commemorating his arrival on this plane at a party at Galapagos Art Space with DJ Nomi and a concert by Midnight Magic and is thus calling it a MIDNIGHT MAGIC DANCE PARTY W/ DJ NOMI! Amaze! Happy Birthday, Sir Sosa!!
- Mr. King and Mr. Motta return from Summer Snaxx on Fire Island (full disclosure: I was there! It was fun! I promoted on Grindr! I got stumble-drunk cuz Mr. Winick wouldn't conjure Miss Tequila Shows and so I drank her shots! Mess!) and their summer hiatus to bring us the SNAXX we love. And now FREE BEER!
- Mr. Travolta and Ms. Montoya give you late summer/early fall e-ffeck at SHARKO JONES at 105 Riv (105 Rivington btwn Essex and Ludlow)
What's Going On
East Village-
- Pony's helping you say goodbye to white...whether it's heading back into your closet, or flying across the room (or someone's face) at high velocity. He's hosting a special "Labor Pain" DWNST@!RS at The Cock to celebrate the return of the darker tones to one's wardrobe.
- Mr. Cote and Mr. TuT at THE MAIN SQUEEZE at Hugs.
- Gant's birthday: Day Two - California DJs Juanita More (SF) and Aaron Castle (LA) invade TUBWAY
Where I'll Be
I Love Clean House...
Joel Something
I'll have to go back and watch the episode again to get his full name.
East Village -
- DJ Jeff Jackson and special guest DJ Bloodfart hold a special Double-Headed Disco edition: PIGGY PARTY with Muppets (Miss Piggy!) and Crystal Light?
What's Going On
Gowanus -
- Mr. Harkin and co. wind things up for the summer at SUNDAY BEST with extra special guest DJ Harvey! After party at The Bell House with special guest!
- Nightlife legends themselves, Johnny Dynell and Chi Chi Valenti of Jackie Factory herd a slew of other Downtown legends onto the stage in Tompkins Square Park for the LOW LIFE 3: VIPER MAD at the Howl! Festival. Check the East Village Howler blog for the complete lineup for this year's Howl! Festival.
- Quentin Harrisspins the tunes while Lady, Malik and Matt spin the spit at (ROOF)TOP's Labor Day Luau at Hudson Terrace.
- Mr. Sparber, Mr. Johnson and Miss Mulatto (or is it Ms.?) channel their inner diva a la Mahogany at LOVE HANGOVER at Eastern Bloc.
- Mr. Cote and Mr. TuT want you in your undies. SCOUTCAMP Underwear Party is back and at The Hose for the first time in a LOOOONG time. Try to find a clean pair to wear this time.
- My loves Desi and Lady preside once again over VANDAM (I know. It's last week's invite, but I can't find this week's.), one of the cutest parties New York nightlife has to offer.Juanita More guest DJs here, too!
East Village -
- DJ Chauncey D hosts and spins for a special edition of BEETLEJUICE at Nowhere Bar. It's Jason Ling's going away celebration kickoff with a "Heathers"/Trapper Keeper theme. What could be more 80s...and catty!? Couture!!
Chelsea -
- NAKED (and SIZE MATTERS) are two shows at Paul Kasmin Gallery 'til Sept. 19th that you'll want to see. Well, I'm confident you'll want to see at least one of 'em (Size Queen!!).
You may not be able to tell here...
...but this Austrian U.S. Open player is very...erm...talented.
- SPANK, Big Art Group and theARTcorps host ACTIONS, a Spank Zine Loft Party at 12-turn-13, Mr. Rogenstein's dance space/loft/massive outdoor space on September 18th.
- OMG! EXOTIC INVASION! Do you dare?!?! Virgos free!! OMG! I was gonna see who would escort me to this fleshfest, but - instead - I'll be rocketing to exctasy at the next installment of Mr. Geva's PLANET ZiZMOR: Beats from Beyond!
I've got some big-hearted friends...and fundraising ones, too!
You already know (but I'm reposting this blurb again, anyway) that Paul Vitale is living upstate for the summer and is using his time (aside from training to be the next Julia Child/Barefoot Countessa) to raise money for medical research on Alzheimer's Disease. He's going to walk the Memory Walk on September 26th as well as run the Rochester Half-Marathon and is raising donations for both at his DONATION PAGE. Visit soon and help him
But you may not know that Douglas Schmich is raising money, too! He will run in the Walt Disney World Marathon on January 10, 2010 for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society's (LLS) "Team In Training" (TNT). TNT provides its participants with coaching and training expertise in exchange for raising money towards finding a cure for blood related cancers. Having already met his “patient hero,” Pilar Maldonado (a lymphoma survivor), Douglas is ready to RUN! Help him raise his goal of $3800 by visiting his fundraising PAGE.
Elasticized Bottom Line (You thought I wasn't doing these anymore, didn't ya??): It's Autumn, people. Where the f#$k did summer go!?
-d-



No comments:
Post a Comment